How to Use Telbo with your SIP device
You need a Telbo username and password in order to call via our network. So first sign up with Telbo by downloading and installing the application and create your login.
You can use Telbo with the following types of Sip devices:
- SIP ATA (Analogue Telephone Adapter)
- SIP Router
- xDSL Modem
The most devices are equipped with a combination of the following ports.
- (A)DSL: connect your line from your (A)DSL provider (not available on a ATA)
- WAN: connect your line from your xDSL modem/router
- LAN: port for your (home) network, you can connect e.g. your PC, lap-top, network-printer or wireless router
- PHONE: here you can connect your analogue telephone
- LINE: connect your analogue (PSTN) telephone line
- USB: you can connect PC or lap-top with a free USB port
Some SIP devices have more than one LAN port and/or PHONE port available.
For the hardware connections from your SIP device look at the above information and your user manual. After connecting the hardware you have to make sure that your software is installed and configured the right way.
|SIP port : 5060|
|Registrar : sip.telbo.com|
|Proxy server : sip.telbo.com|
|Outbound proxy server : leave empty|
|Account name : your Telbo username|
|Password : your Telbo password|
|Display name/number : your Telbo username or voipnumber|
|Stunserver (option) : stun.telbo.com|
Below are some examples of the software configuration of various popular SIP devices. Please also consult the manual that came with your SIP device
If you have audio problems:
Use a STUN server (e.g. stun.telbo.com) with port 3478 (if supported by your device)
Use the G.711 codec